LSA is a powerhouse food: an excellent source of protein, fibre, EFAs (especially your omega 3s) and many vitamins and minerals. You can add it to most foods to add a nutty flavour or a nutritious boost. Think smoothie, granola, dukka, pesto, and baked goods!
LSA: Linseed, Sunflower seed, Almond. This combination of nuts and seeds can be found pre-ground and ready for use in your local supermarket. Ensure to store it in an airtight container in your freezer to avoid premature rancidity and you’re ready to go!
These cookies are great for a post-workout snack! They are raw, vegan and so so simple!
LSA Date Power Cookies
Ingredients (makes 16):
- 1 cup LSA powder
- 2-3 dates, to taste
- 3 tbsp. almond butter
- 2 tbsp. ice cold water, to adjust texture
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a food processor add all the ingredients.
- Pulse until a thick paste is formed.
- Shape 1 /12 tbsp (25ml) portions into balls and coat in LSA.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours minimum and flatten with a fork to give the peanut butter cookie look to your treat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated.
Nutritional Values calculated using MyFitnessPal