With the weather getting warmer and the sunshine coming out, there’s no better to time to enjoy a herbal and citrus cocktail to embrace these moments. Using the Bathtub Gin as a base combined with a chilled oolong tea, the subtle cardamom and coriander notes are enhanced and create a beautiful combination with a floral honey syrup and zingy lime.
A big thank you to Noble Estates for providing this fantastic bottle of Bathtub Gin!
Honey Oolong Cocktail
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 oz Bathtub gin
- 7 oz Fevertree tonic water
- 1 oz honey simple syrup*
- 1/4 oz lime juice
- 2 oz oolong tea**
- Add all ingredients to a chilled highball glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge and adjust as desired.
*To make honey simple syrup:
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 5 tbsp. water
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, add both ingredients and stir until honey is dissolved.
- Keep refrigerated.
**To steep oolong tea:
- Heat your water to 85-95°C.
- Pour a little water on the leaves and discard to rinse them and ensure maximal flavour. P
- our about 3/4 cup or 180ml of water over the tea leaves.
- Allow to steep for 2-5 minutes or to preference.
- Cool before adding to cocktail.