I’ve made 3 delicious sauces with garden (or farmer’s market) fresh produce.
This one’s a delicious chimichurri that is so simple to make, you’ll regret not trying it earlier!
Traditionally Argentinean, chimichurri is a parsley based sauce that you can marinate meat with and/or slather over grilled meat (think hanger steak).
- 5 cups packed parsley
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- 1 cup packed oregano
- 10 spring onions, greens
- 2 jalapeños, seeded
- 2 tsp sambal or hot sauce
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 2 tsp red or white wine vinegar
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp salt, to taste
- Roughly chop all the ingredients.
- Place all the ingredients, except oil, in a food processor except the oil. If they do not fit, do not force it. Place half, start chopping and continue adding.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- While the machine runs, pour a string of oil and allow to emulsify.