Bright and colourful foods seem to be all the rage nowadays! Following the trend, I made my favourite red onion pickles, slightly sweetened with honey and flavoured with coriander and peppercorns. These are delicious in sandwiches (as pictured), in salads, on tacos, or even alongside a charcuterie plate! This condiment is so versatile, you can incorporate it in so many recipes! Try them out!
Pickled red onions
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- Slice red onion as desired (I like to cut in half then slice into half rings)
- Over medium-high heat, dissolve honey and salt in to vinegar.
- Remove from heat and add the coriander seeds and peppercorns.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 mins.
- Place onion slices in sterilized jar, add warm pickling liquid.
- Allow to pickle for a minimum of 2h before serving.