With summer in full swing and quarantine-gardens in bloom, it’s time to use some of those fresh herbs we’ve been tending to for the last couple of weeks. I’ve gone ahead and used fresh basil in this dressing to bring a fragrant summery feel to this dish, but feel free to play around with other herbs combinations!
- 4 potatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or other high smoking point oil
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 jalapeño, flesh only (no seeds, unless you’re a fan of spice)
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. lime juice + zest of limes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tsp. apple cider vinegar, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
Roasted Potatoes Method:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Clean and cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes or to size of choice.
- In a large bowl, toss the potato with oil and season to taste.
- Bake potatoes for 30-40 min, flipping halfway, until golden and crispy.
Basil Jalapeño Dressing Method:
- In a blender, add cashews, water, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and apple cider vinegar.
- Blend until smooth (approximately 2-5 min depending on your blender).
- Adjust seasoning and vinegar to taste.
- You can refrigerate this for up to 1 week.
- Once potatoes are out of the oven, allow to cool.
- Slice tomatoes and onion to preference (chunky and rustic or thinly sliced and more refined).
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together and add dressing until coated.