The Malivoire Wine Company from the Niagara Peninsula prides itself on their certified sustainable winemaking which involves but is not limited to: the reduction of sustainable inputs in wine production, advocating for soil fertility and promoting biodiversity in the vineyard. Aside from paving the path toward wholistic winemaking, Malivoire has produced a variety rich of wines with a portfolio ranging from Ontario bubbly to deep reds. Their popular rosé line has been praised for notes of zesty grapefruit and wild strawberry.
The Lady Bug Rosé features deep and juicy fruit flavours while presenting very little sweetness and retaining a savoury and dry quality. With a very forward presentation of aromas, this is perfectly suited for pairings with bold and sharp foods such as a spiced chicken sandwich.
A big thank you to Noble Estates for providing a selection of summery wines to work on wine pairings with! Stay tuned to find the next recipes featuring carefully selected wines!
- 350g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 120g white onion
- 15g olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (15g), and zest peeled
- Roughly chop onion into 1cm slices.
- In a large bowl or platter, mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for 30-40min to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- On large baking tray, spread chicken and onions and bake for 7-15min or until chicken is cooked.
- Turn broil setting on in oven and broil chicken until desired char/colour is obtained (it took me 6 min on the top rack).
Sumac Chicken Sandwich:
- 3 buns of choice (I used hoagie buns)
- Sumac chicken
- Hummus or spread of choice
- 10 kalamata olives
- 1/2 english cucumber, in ribbons
- 1 cup lettuce of choice