Here’s for you all my recipe for delicious and simple chocolate truffles. Personally, I enjoy dark chocolate and find that a dark chocolate truffles are delicious when coated in milk chocolate. I prefer the filling to be dark chocolate to avoid them being overly sweet.
So here it is for you all to share and enjoy!
Chocolate truffles (approximately 35)
- 1 lbs. of dark chocolate
- 1 cup (250ml) heavy (35%) whipping cream
- Bring cream just to a boil.
- Pour it on the chocolate
- Stir the chocolate and the cream until completely melted and smooth.
- Transfer the ganache into a bowl and allow to cool for an hour.
- Once cooled, use a melon scoop to portion 1.5 tbsp. portions of the ganache. If it doesn’t shape properly, use your hands to mould the truffles into little spheres.
* You can also add a hazelnut in the center of the truffle for an added element of surprise.
- 400g milk chocolate
- With a double boiler, melt the chocolate
- Coat the ganache spheres with chocolate and allow to cool.
This step is more for presentation than anything.
You can either roll the ganache spheres in coconut shavings, graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder or almond powder.