The holidays are over but it’s still freezing outside (or at least it is here in Canada). With this weather, the only thing that can be comforting is a good hot chocolate! So I made cardamom spiced marshmallows to add a twist to the traditional drink.
- 1/2 cup sugar (can be swapped for palm or coconut sugar)
- 1 1/4 tbs powdered Gelatine
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- powdered sugar
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and sprinkle powdered sugar over
- In a saucepan on a medium heat combine half the water, cardamom and sugar. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 5 mins, and strain (you can test it at this point to see if you’d like a stronger flavor).
- In a large bowl add gelatine and remaining cold water together and make a paste.
- Add to infused water and mix until homogenous, then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat gelatine mix on high speed until very stiff and hard peaks form (about 10 minutes).
- Poor mix into prepared pan.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Slice into desired size and serve.
I really enjoy making a sugar-free hot chocolate and adding a 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and a large cardamom marshmallow for the right amount of sugar and spice.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!