Fall is officially upon us and that means warming and comforting foods are on the table. This feeling creeped up on me and resulted in the development of this brekkie Chai Peach Pie Bowl! Sounds delicious, right?
This breakfast is my spin on a rice pudding but way more delicious. It’s gluten-free, using buckinis (aka buckwheat groats) and dairy free (using almond milk), with roasted peaches and topped with crunchy nuts and hemp seeds!
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1-3 tsp sweetener of choice ( I leave it unsweetened and mix it with peaches)
- 1 tbsp. chai powder*
- Rinse buckwheat thoroughly until the rinsing water is no longer cloudy.
- In a small pot, add milk, sweetener and chai powder and bring to a simmer.
- Add the buckwheat, cover and simmer for 10 mins then turn off the heat and leave for additional 10 mins covered.
- Serve with warmed roasted peaches and topped with nuts and hemp seeds.
- Enjoy warm!
*If you don’t have the ingredients for the chai powder, you can steep chai tea in the almond milk for 5 minutes before adding the buckwheat!