Whether your New Years resolution starts tonight or tomorrow, you can indulge in this dessert with little guilt! With little preparation time, you can enjoy this delicate dessert’s flavour. Switch up the spices and enjoy with crunchy granola!
- 7 pears
- 1 bottle of wine ( you can use cooking wine)
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Peel, half and core the pears, then submerge them in water (this step inhibits oxidation!)
- When ready, discard the liquid.
- In a large pot, place the pears, wine, sugar and spices. If the pears aren’t covered, add water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-30min depending on how ripe the fruit is and how cooked you like them!
- Remove from liquid and allow to cool*.
- Slice the pears thinly lengthwise and roll into a rose shape!
- Enjoy warm or cold with whipped citrus ricotta!
*You can reduce the cooking liquid to make a mulled wine syrup and drizzle it on top!