As the leaves turn red and orange, what better way to match your environment than to enjoy a delicious pepper-based dish!
- 7 peppers (I used a mix of yellow and orange to make a really vibrant sauce)
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 spring onions (green only)
- 1/4 cup garlic infused olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 380F.
- Core the peppers and slice the tomatoes lengthwise.
- Place peppers, tomatoes, and spring onions on a baking tray, ensuring not to overcrowd, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 30-40 min until slight charred marks appear.
- Place the roasted veggies and cooking liquid in blender with the cashews and blend until smooth and uniform.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with the vinegar, salt and pepper.