The quintessential summer fruit season is nearing its conclusion so why not make it last a little longer by preserving them in their best form: boozy popsicles.
The Bottega Prosecco is a true winner in my books; a perfect harmony of dry sparkling wine with honey, peach, melon and citrus notes that enhance the subtle impression of natural sweetness. With characteristic light and acidic qualities, the bottle is quite carbonated and allows the aromas to bloom from the first pour to the last drop.
In order to celebrate our final days of warm weather, I thought a cheeky popsicle would be ideal to celebrate all that is summer! Paired with classic flavours such as local honey and fresh ginger, these frozen treats definitely pop and reflect the vibrancy of our beautiful Canadian summers!
A big thank you to Noble Estates for providing a selection of summery wines to work on wine pairings with! Stay tuned to find the next recipes featuring carefully selected wines!
Peach and Ginger Bellini Popsicles
- 4 large peaches
- 1 cup Bottega Prosecco sparkling
- 2 tsp. honey, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash and roast whole peaches for 40 min or until tender.
- Remove pits.
- Add to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pass through a fine sieve if you are concerned with chunks.
- In a medium bowl, add 1 cup of peach purée and the remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste and freeze in popsicle molds.
- Once frozen, serve with a glass of Bottega Prosecco sparkling.