It’s summer, and we all know what that means – frozen desserts and fruity drinks! So that means frozen treats inspired by them!
Today’s recipe is a ginger & Pimm’s sorbet. Homage to Pimm’s cups that are so needed during the summer.
Serve it with citrus and berries and you’ve got yourself a delicious summer treat! You can also serve it as a float with a sparkling lemonade and you’ve got a modern Pimm’s float!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp. Pimm’s
- 1 lemon, juiced
- In a medium saucepan, add the water and sugar. Bring to a simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Lower heat and add ginger. Allow to infuse for 30 mins. Cool.
- Once the syrup has reached room temperature, add water and lemon juice (adjust to taste).
- Add ginger syrup to ice cream maker/sorbetière and start.
- When the mix starts to slush, incorporate the Pimm’s.
- Finish the freezing process.
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.