When I think about rose water, I usually think of baklavas. The flaky phyllo layered with nuts soaked in honey and rose water syrup, are always a guilty pleasure. This granola is reminiscent of the pastry, with its crunch, honey and cardamom, though much less sweet. Alternatively, you can add pistachios, sesame seeds, cashews to make it more baklava-esque or any other nuts or seeds of your choice!
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom (to taste)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp. rosewater
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In small saucepan heat honey and tahini until runny, add salt to taste.
- In large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour honey-tahini mix over oat mix and coat evenly.
- Spread over sheet tray with silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 min, turning every 7min to ensure even cooking.
- Allow to cool, add flax and rosewater and toss to coat evenly.
- Enjoy alone, as a trail-mix, or as a parfait with spiced honey roasted rhubarb jam and plain yoghurt, as pictured!