The change of weather lends itself particularly well to comforting foods. This means that Nutella is on the menu for this weeks breakfasts! Chocolatey and nutty, this recipe will fill that craving while incorporating some powerful antioxidants!
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 2 1/2 cups large flaked oats
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sifted cocoa
- 3 drops stevia (I enjoy the vanilla one for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat over to 325°F.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts and add to a large bowl with the oats and cacao nibs. Mix together.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry and incorporate.
- Taste and adjust to preference.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 mins, flipping halfway through. The trick is to remove it from the oven when the surface is dry but not crispy yet as it’ll become crunchy when it cools!
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
1 serving= 1/4 cup